That's wrong actually, I was just being my usual hilariously funny self. Australia Day means:
- A public holiday
- Knowing that all over the country today there are people having a really good time, drinking a lot of alcohol and then falling down.
- Most radio stations are playing all oz music - a treat indeed.
- This year, I'm older and more aware of people's sense of pride. Whilst a young un, I moved in a crowd where it was "uncool" to show this. How uncool was I? How much did I contribute to the national inferiority complex?
- A long time ago, on this date, the First Fleet arrived in Sydney Cove, and decided to do something in this land.
- It's mid summer and thousands of celebrations will be near large puddles of water to balance out the proportions of potential heat exhaustion cases. (Pacific Ocean being the favoured puddle).
- There will be massive live musics occuring!
But me and mine are spending the day with friends and eating pies. And of course jumping in our fabulous pool and drinking lots of alcohol.
C'est la vie!